Saturday, January 10, 2015

It's Tea Time!


Happy 2015 everyone!
These past few days I have been sick as a dog. I haven't left the house since I came home from school on Thursday, and I only went because I couldn't justify missing the second day back. But the third was okay to miss I guess...? I haven't been able to sleep or breathe or do anything but lay around. One thing that has been making me feel SO much better is hot tea.

If you follow me on Twitter or watched my first YouTube video (warning: rough but it's a start), you will know that recently I have been OBSESSED with tea. I've always been a coffee girl, but I think I'm a convert. While I've been sick, tea has helped because the steam coming off of it lets me breathe and actually be able to smell something. It's refreshing to have something taste normal! The caffeine has also gotten me feeling better and more energetic. I've had countless cups in just this week alone and would like to think that I've started developing an appreciation for tea. I'm excited to share with you three of my favorites! Each of these teas bring something different to the table and are great for people just starting the addiction. ;)



 

Stash's Breakfast in Paris tea is a lovely floral tea for the Parisian in all of us. This one is my personal favorite and my go-to tea for any occasion. I have had a thing for lavender ever since I was little. My family has had L'Occitane lavender soap in stock in our showers for as long as I can remember, and the scent has been my favorite for just as long. I've always been on a search for a lavender tea and I finally found it! Most teas I try just have subtle hints of lavender that leave a lover like me longing for more. This tea has a very strong lavender note paired with bergamot oil and black tea. Also, THE SMELL IS SO WONDERFUL. I feel like I've drifted off to Paris--eating brunch at a cute little cafe, seeing the Eiffel Tower in the distance while I enjoy my macarons and croissants. That is probably the most cliche sentence I have ever written but it's exactly how this tea makes me feel! If I am stressed, this tea also does a good job calming me down. It has replaced my morning coffee and gives me a little pick-me-up without the dreaded crash!

For: the Parisian, the lavender fanatic, the big dreamer, the floral tea lover




Next up: Twinings's Lady Grey, a spin on the classic Earl Grey with notes of bergamot, orange and lemon. FROOT LOOPS. THIS TEA TASTES LIKE FROOT LOOPS. This is the first hot tea I ever tried thanks to Arden Rose's old tea vlogs. (I may or may not have tried to make my own tea vlogs. They may or may not still be up on an obscure channel from freshman year.) It really does taste like Froot Loops but in a good way! I really recommend this tea for people who don't think they like black tea, or who are just starting to drink it! My little brother hates any hot tea that I put in front of him, but he drinks Lady Grey like nobody's business. The fruity scent is really fun and I love this tea for 
when I want to change things up a bit!

For: the tea beginner, the fruity girl, the tea hater, little brothers, spontaneous cups



Last but not least, Tazo Thrive. This tea is actually really hard to find but I picked it up at my local TJ Maxx for $2.75! I have searched online and the only other place I can find it is on Amazon. The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous artwork on the packaging. Sorry not sorry, but that is definitely what made me pick it up. Thrive is a green tea, and also is blended with green yerba mate and green rooibos. I had never tried green tea before (surprisingly) so I didn't know how I would like it, but I love it! It is minty with rose hips and black pepper. The combination just sounds odd, but I promise you they go together perfectly. The mint is not overpowering like other mint teas I have tried. The black pepper hits the back of your throat and spices the tea up a little. While I've been sick, this has been a favorite because the tingle of the pepper helps my sore throat!

For: green tea enthusiasts, spicy lovers, "minty but not TOO minty", sore throats


I'm always on the lookout for new teas, so share in the comments what YOUR favorite tea is so I can try it!


3 comments:

  1. Tea that tastes like Fruit Loops? I have to try that! I really like the Twinings Decaf English Breakfast Tea! It's a winter staple in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big green tea fan, but it definitely has to be sweetened with agave! I will typically pick them up in a 100 count box at tj maxx for about $8 - that lavender tea sounds fantastic though!

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I will have to try the Tazo Thrive! Next time you go to Food City, pick up their store brand organic peppermint tea. It is ADDICTING!

    XX, SS | A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete