Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer Beauty Staples

My beauty philosophy during the summer is "If I have to worry about it breaking me out if I don't take it off tonight, I'm not wearing it." Natural beauty is the way to go during the summer. I love to give my face and hair a break from all the harsh chemicals and heat for a few months! That being said, I still like to look presentable if I'm going out of the house. Here's how I do it during these hot months!


These are the only products I use during the summer. Occasionally I'll put a little more eyeshadow on if I'm going somewhere fancy, but this is essentially it. I couldn't say anything other than amazing things about BareMinerals makeup. It offers amazing coverage without feeling like your face is caked on. My foundation is the Matte formula in Light. I also use the Well-Rested Eye Brightener which fakes a look that you've gotten all your beauty sleep, even if you were up all night! Both of these products have SPF in them, so you don't have to rub greasy sunscreen all over your face! My all-time favorite blush is Bobbi Brown's Peony which is a beautiful bright pink that just makes you look happy and glowing. For a pop of color on my lips, I use Fresh SUGAR Rose Tint SPF 15 which also protects your lips from the sun while giving a rosy glow!

For my eyes, I like to keep it waterproof. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden alone to make my eyes look perky and awake. If I decide to wear eyeshadow, I brush on a wash of my absolute favorite makeup product I use, Stila eyeshadow in Kitten, for a pretty bit of extra sparkle. To finish it off I use my Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and Urban Decay Cannonball Waterproof Mascara. I love these products because they are waterproof but come off when you want them to! There's not the usual hassle of taking forever to get these off at night! I also included Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel which I use to get everything off at night! It's a nonfoaming gel that takes your makeup off without taking your skin's moisture.


Hope you guys enjoyed! I just got back from Charleston the day before yesterday. I'll post about my trip once my pictures upload! My computer battery went bad a few days before I left and my adapter coincidentally broke at the same time so that's why I've been MIA. A new battery and adapter are on the way to my house right now so it shouldn't be too much longer until I'm posting more regularly! 

Comment and tell me your summer beauty essentials!




1 comment: