Thursday, February 19, 2015

Craving Warmth {things you can make in a mug}

If you follow me on Twitter, you've probably heard it from me a thousand times, but Tennessee simply does not do snow. Two inches can easily get us out of school for a few days, but six?! What was expected to be a nice little snow day on Monday turned into a nice little snow week! The break from school could not have come at a better time as I was really starting to get overwhelmed, but snow days also have their downfalls. I was stranded at my friend's house Monday through Wednesday and even though I'm finally home, I still can't leave! The roads in my neighborhood are some of the worst in the area. Not being able to get out at all is slowly driving me crazy... I am so bored. One thing that I've been doing all week though, (even at my friend's house!) is satisfy my sweet tooth. I've been cooking up a storm to escape boredom. One of the best ways to cook for yourself without having a huge mess to clean up is cook in a mug!

Now I sound crazy... But you would be amazed at some of the things you can cook by microwave in a mug. Cakes, brownies, cookies... I've even made scrambled eggs before! When you're stuck at home for a week and have limited resources (and don't want to get yelled at for making a mess), mug recipes are my favorite way to have a little indulgence! Here are some of my favorites!

Breakfast: Omelet in a mug



Homemade Single Serve Macaroni in a Mug
I've literally been craving macaroni all week and plan to make this as soon as I publish this.

champagne-mug-cake-056flourless-chocolate-mug-cake-001

As far as mug desserts go, Kirbie's Cravings is the master. She has over 100 different mug desserts on her site! I've tried a ton and they are all DELICIOUS. You can find something to satisfy any sweet craving you're having!

Snickerdoodle Mug Cake ~ bakes up in the microwave in just one minute, yielding a warm, cinnamon-sugary treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth! | FiveHeartHome.com

This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake has my mouth watering!

Seriously so many possibilities! Mug recipes are the perfect way to give you something fun to do and warm to enjoy on these chilly days off. (Never giving up my sweet tea though!)

Tell me if you try or plan on trying any of these out!!!

Hope you all stay safe in this weather!




No comments:

Post a Comment