Friday, February 20, 2015

Thank You Notes {a new weekly series}

As a girl growing up in the South, my parents have always instilled in me the importance of a handwritten thank you note. I feel like the art of thank you notes is dying quicker than the art of handwritten letters and that really saddens me. If you know me, you know that handwriting letters is one of my favorite things... So any excuse to write is a good excuse.
One of the only shows I watch regularly on the television is the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. My whole family will gather around and watch, and it's so rare that THAT happens. My favorite segment that he does every Friday is "Thank You Notes", where he writes funny thank you notes to popular things. I've been looking for a weekly series to post on Fridays for a while. Something that isn't a stereotypical Friday Faves or Friday Five or some other alliteration on Friday. I love reading those posts, but I really wanted something I could showcase my favorites in, but had to put a little more thought into! So one Friday night while I was working on the blog and listening to the Tonight Show play in the background, the idea came to me of posting my own thank you notes every Friday! I think this is going to be a cute and unique way to show y'all some of my favorites, while being a little unique and preserving some southern culture.

So shall we begin?

First of all, a BIG thank you to Winter Storm Octavia for six inches of snow, five days off of school, and -6 degree weather in the middle of the South. #snowweek

Thank you Classy Cathleen for bringing together blogger perfection and two of my blog best friends when she interviewed Caitlin of Your Typical Prep HERE!

Thank you mug recipes for keeping me entertained when I'm stranded at home with no food. Check out my favorites HERE. And if you're looking for the best microwave cookie EVER then check out this recipe.

Thank you l'Occitane for making me feel like I live en Provence this week when really I'm stranded in Antarctica... I had to make a little stop by the l'Occitane store while I was in South Carolina, it has been one of my favorite brands since before I can even remember! Check out my Valentine's gift to myself for l'Occitane HERE.

Thank you Starbucks for coming out with a TIRAMISU LATTE and bringing Caramel Flan back. I'm so stoked to try the tiramisu and caramel flan was my favorite last year! As soon as this snow melts I will be runnninggggg to my nearest Starbucks.

Thank you to my brother for being the best duet partner ever. Last weekend at West Coast Dance Explosion in Greenville (one of the toughest competitions!), our duet scored only five points away from a perfect 300! We ended up getting second in our division and first place was only a point ahead of us. We had the highest score out of around 15 dances from our studio and one of the highest scores in the whole competition!

AND a big thank you to all of you for reading my little corner of the internet. Make sure to check back every Friday for more thank yous!!

What are you thankful for this week?


1 comment:

  1. Love this!

    XO
    Maria | http://seasaltandsun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete